The Wishess is a LIVE band based out of Imphal, Manipur. It was formed in 2010 when Bishikanta Thounaojam (vocalist), late Sumanta Thounaojam (ex-bassist), Thompson Lourembam (guitarist), Megha Salam (Izzy, guitarist) decided to form a band while attending the Manipur Rock Idol 2011.
The band started by covering Metallica’s ‘Whisky in a Jar’ and their own composed song called ‘It’s always too late’ in their rehearsal room.
The mid months of 2011 were filled with various concert dates in and around Imphal. During that time, the band took more serious action to compose more original songs.
Soon after, the band introduced a slow track called ‘Am I Right’. Later, Wishess started to compose some progressive metal songs such as ‘The Evolution’, ‘Feeling Strong’, ‘Change’, etc., with lyrics related to the social issues currently facing in this society.
The band had played various concerts such as the World AIDS Day concert held in New Delhi, Manipur Rock Idol 2010-2011, Nokia Lords of Music, Manipur Rock Fest 2011, etc. As a matter of fact, the Wishess performed LIVE in many colleges.
The Wishess performed in a concert called Monsoon Beats 2012 at Imphal, in which bands like Noiseware (Pune), Magdelene (Mizoram), Digital Suicide (Assam) also performed. The Wishess is continuing with their music and will perform for the music lovers in this society.
- Best Vocalist Award – Manipur idol 2010-2011
- Best Band Award – Manipur idol 2010-2011
- Finalist of Manipur Rock Fest 2011
- Only selected band from northeast region to perform on World AIDS Day, New Delhi
- Best Band Award – Manipur Idol 2012
- Best Vocalist Award - Manipur idol 2012
- Opened for international band, Dawn of Demise, in IMC2
- Headlined MAO Grand Festival
- Bishi – Vocals
- Megha – Lead Guitar
- Bona – Guitar
- Maverick – Bass
- Chingkhei – Drums