Akhepura Rajasthan Group is a troupe of Thar Desert gypsies. The group is known for their snake-charming art, folk dance and folk music. They specialize in promoting folk dance and music and other art forms of the Indian state of Rajasthan.
They perform Rajasthani cultural programs, Rajasthani folk dances, Kalbelia dance, Ghoomar dance, Kachi Gori, Chari Nritya, Fire dance, Langa Manganiyar Sufi music, puppet show, royal songs, Hindi songs, etc.
So far, they have given numerous performances not just across India, but across the globe like in Europe, USA, Turkey, Fiji Islands, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Nepal, etc.
They have a group of 60 gypsy dancers and artists who have performed at many events, fairs, weddings and festivals.
Their group includes:
- Rajasthani singer and Langa singer from Jodhpur/Jaisalmer
- Fireman (Bhavai)
- Kachi Gori
- Female dancers
Performances so far:
- Rajasthani Cultural Program
- Rajasthani Instrumental JugalBandi
- Rajasthani Ghoomar Dance
- Rajasthani Chari Dance
- Rajasthani Folk and Sufi songs
- Rajasthani Bhavai Dance
- Rajasthani Gramin Bhavai Dance
- Rajasthani Kalbelia Dance
- Rajasthani Chakra Dance
- Rajasthani Fire Dance
- Rajasthani Kachi Gori Dance